The holiday season is in full swing. Are you planning on taking your little one along for the festivities? Whether it’s the occasion of Eid, birthday or wedding, many fun traditions are there to enjoy and shop from top brands with their kids summer sale offers.
But what about all of those parties and the need to dress up your already fussy toddler? Well, there’s no need to stress over your little one’s holiday outfit. Here are some toddler holiday clothing ideas for kids to make you and your child feel comfy and cute.
Holiday Outfit Ideas for Kids
Here are some toddler holiday kids clothing ideas that will make you and your child feel comfy and cute.
Stripes are Always Festive
A striped sweater with jeans or leggings is perfect for kids holiday wear. It will keep them warm during the colder months, while a striped dress will look adorable on any girlie girl.
Try a Self Costume
Make it fun for your child to dress up creatively. You can buy a turtleneck shirt at any store and add some felt ears and shoes to complete the look. It’s fun for them and easy on you too.
A Santa Suit
For boys who don’t mind wearing dresses (or girls who love wearing pants), try a Santa suit! Add some fake snow around his neck and make sure he keeps warm with gloves and boots (polar bear ones are always fun). You can even find cute onesies with the same theme too.
Give a Try to a Bow Tie
A bow tie looks great with any color scheme and will add some fun to your outfit. It’s also easy to find a clip-on bow tie if you don’t want to sew one on yourself.
A sweater vest with jeans or leggings is always a good option. It’s warm enough for chilly days but still looks casual and cute. You will find adorable styles in different colors at great prices.
Hats and Scarves
If you live in a cold climate, hats and scarves are must-haves for your toddler. The best way to dress them up is with a cute hat and matching scarf. Be sure the scarf isn’t too small, or it could cause a hazard if it gets caught on something.
Tights and Boots
Tights go great with dresses and skirts or even with kids eastern wear. You can also match them with jackets or sweaters if you like. If you have a little girl, try pairing tights with knee-high boots or classy Kids tops for a festive look. If you have a little boy, try putting him in high-top sneakers with tights and tall socks over them. This is an easy way to dress up while keeping his feet warm and dry.
A Warm Coat with Layers Underneath
A thick winter coat is essential for keeping your little one warm in the winter months. A good quality winter coat will keep her warm even when playing outside in the snow. And remember that kids grow fast, so make sure whatever coat you buy fits them.
Holiday Dressing Tips for Toddler
It’s not easy to dress a toddler, but it has to be done. Toddlers are inquisitive and active, so they will get themselves dirty pretty quickly. They also like to wear the same thing over and over again. Toddlers love to play with buttons, laces, and zippers, so these things should be avoided if possible when dressing your toddler. If you can’t avoid them, use Velcro closures instead of buttons or zippers.
When dressing your toddler, keep these tips in mind:
- Make fewer decisions at once. Focus on one article of clothing at a time. Don’t move on to the next piece of clothing before deciding on one. Let your toddler have his say, too.
- If you are contemplating whether to purchase an article of clothing, ask yourself if it is worth buying, fits your child, or will fit your child for more than one season.
- Buy clothes for toddlers that last a while instead of spending too much money on them as they outgrow quickly.
- Choose quality over quantity. While it’s tempting to buy cheap clothing for kids, it’s better to invest in a few good pieces than have low-quality items that aren’t worth their price tag.
- Match socks and shoes. Wear socks that match your child’s shoes or booties, or at least ensure that one item matches another (e.g., black sock matches black shoe). This will look good and prevent blisters from developing underneath the foot and between toes.
- Wool and cotton are better than synthetic fabrics because they are breathable and absorb sweat more effectively than their synthetic counterparts do — especially important when temperatures outside soar during hot summer days.
When it comes to your kids, make sure that they are happy and well dressed. Fashion trends don’t matter to children, but as parents, you need to ensure that they are presenting themselves properly. Hopefully, these holiday kids clothing ideas will inspire your next family holiday outing. Remember to stay comfortable and try not to worry too much about what other people think; it’s your day.