Are you searching for information on the latest tropical warnings of storms? If yes, then you have reached the right place. The Cyclone’s name is The Severe Tropical Storm Rai, and it is known as Odette locally. This Cyclone is increasing day by day slowly. Do you know? Most people from the United States and the Philippines are interested to know the latest news on Public Storm Warning #1 Signal and Tropical Cyclone and its effects. Do you want to know more about this? Please look at the below-given information to know more about Public Storm Warning #1 Signal.
Let’s have a quick look at Public Storm Warning #1 Signal:
Public Storm Warning Signal #1 Odette can be called the warning signal to create awareness and alert the people on upcoming weather disturbances. Each area is assigned with signal numbers, and these are based on its intensity, speed of the storm, size of circulation direction, and many more variables.
The Public Storm Warning Signals 1 to 5 are either upgraded or changed on the basis of the storm’s path across PAR (Philippines Zone of Responsibility). Let’s read about several types of warning signals for the general public before getting into the main thing (Public Storm Warning Signals 1 to 5).
Let’s take a look at Public Storm Warning System:
Below-given is the table for a list of the several warning signs, their duration, and how did they affect the surrounding environment:
|Public warning of storms||Time in hours||Winds in KMPH||Wind Effect|
|#1||36||30 – 60||Light to no damage|
|#2||24||61 -120||Medium to light effect|
|#3||18||121 – 170||Medium to high-impact|
|#4||12||171 – 220||Very high or very severe damage|
|#5||12||>220||Very high and widespread|
Public Storm Warning Signal Pagasa:
- You can expect around 30 to 60 mph winds in around 36 hours in the sea being open.
- You can see the 1.25 meters to 4.0 meters height of the waves.
- You can expect rain showers that are intermittent.
What can be the damages:
- The rice crops can be severely damaged in the blooming stage
- The twigs of medium and small size trees were broken and damaged.
- Leaves got damaged, and Banana plants have been titled.
- For structures with high risk, minimal to little or no damage is expected.
- For structures with low risk, moderate to light damage.
- The homes constructed with lighter materials can suffer a little bit.
What are the Precautionary Measures?
- People in the affected areas must be more attentive to the current weather forecasting every 6 hours, as per the reports by PAGASA.
- A business can be conducted in the normal course.
Please go through the latest news on Public Storm Warning #1 Signal:
According to several sources, signal number 2 was increased following the shift of the weather disturbance from a severe storm into a Typhoon at around 8 in the morning today in response to Odette. Rai’s maximum sustained winds were increased to 120 kmph, up from 110 kmph, as per the reports announced by PAGASA (The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical, Atmospheric and Astronomical Service Administration). You can expect it to be stronger on the evening of 16th December.
Warned areas of Signal# 1:
- Southern areas of Romblon
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Parts of Zamboanga
- Misamis Oriental
According to our above-given research, at the time when PAGASA issues warnings, you can expect the tropical Cyclones are continuously in motion. The size of and the directions of the Public Storm Warning Signal number will shift according to the changes in the intensity of Cyclones.
We hope that all the above-mentioned information on Public Storm Warning #1 Signal will be helpful to you. What are your views on this? If you like our article or want to share your views, you can do this in the comments box.