If you are a soon-to-be mom and trying to organize a baby shower for yourself or someone else, here are some baby shower ideas on how you can make it perfect:
Choosing a theme is fun but can also be challenging to figure out. There are lots of things you’ll want to keep in mind when you’re choosing a theme:
- Make sure it works with all your other elements. For example, if you’re doing an animal-themed shower and choose food that is hard to find or expensive, then maybe something else would work better for that type of event.
- Don’t make it too hard for guests to participate by finding decorations or making food items that aren’t easy to find or inexpensive.
- Choose something that reflects the mom-to-be’s personality.
- You should send invitations to the guest of honor’s family and friends at least three to four weeks before the shower.
- Include the date, time, location and an RSVP in your invitation. If there is a theme or color scheme for the party, it’s best to include that so guests can dress accordingly.
You have to decide what kind of location you want for your shower. This can be a home, a catering hall or something else. The cost will depend on the venue and number of people invited, so consider how much you would like to spend when making this decision.
The menu for the baby shower should include appetizers, desserts and drinks for the guests. It’s important to have food options that everyone will enjoy, so be sure to consult with various people when choosing it.
Think about what you’ll need to serve at your baby shower. Is there going to be a game? If so, consider serving finger foods like pretzels or chips instead of sandwiches. If not, consider having finger foods on hand just in case they’re needed.
When it’s time to set up your favor table, ensure you have enough space for guests to see all the items and choose which ones they’d like. You must keep the price tags on each item, so guests know how much they cost. If you’re giving away a gift bag with an assortment of goodies, make sure to include some extras like candy, sunglasses or maybe even a little toy.
Games and Activities
Games and activities are a great way to keep your guests entertained. Make sure they’re age-appropriate, fun and engaging but not too competitive. It’s also important that the games are easy to set up and clean up, so you don’t have to spend hours after the party getting everything packed away. Try making these games interactive so all your guests can participate—they’ll love it! You can find games, invites and a lot more on platforms like Party City for organizing the best baby shower.
It’s essential to have a theme for your baby shower. The guest of honor will thank you for it, and so will the rest of your guests! Make sure you choose a theme everyone can enjoy and get excited about.