Understanding the details mentioned in your monthly electricity bill is important. Have you ever wondered why your bill amount seems to fluctuate tremendously, say from a 4-digit to a 6-digit total? This could be due to a calculation problem on your bill. Any such error could result in you paying the way for the electricity you probably never even consumed in the first place! If you ever face this scenario, you should immediately inform the authorities, who should get behind the matter soon. Simultaneously, you should also lodge a formal complaint seeking the correction. To make sure you don’t face any such issues, you need to be mindful of your payment history. Online bill checking is just the thing to make sure you stay on top of things when it comes to electricity. You will easily be able to view current and past bills.
As one of the basic utilities that nearly everyone uses, it is important that you are being charge accurately and are being charge correctly. That’s why before you pay apdcl bill, you must keep track of your previous bills as well as your payment history. And there’s no easier way to do so, than by viewing your account details online. In this article, you will find a complete guide for online bill checking that will make it as easy as 1-2-3 for you.
Why you should check transaction history for electricity bill payment
Before learning how to view your electricity bill online, it is wise to understand why checking your previous electricity bill payments is significant.
- Meter readings are still noted manually in most places. So usage errors are possible
- It’s worthwhile to be aware of slab rates while online bill checking and ensure your bill total has been calculate correctly.
- If you have a large electricity bill and need to pay the light bill of more than INR 1 lakh, you can file tax returns.
- All bills can be download as PDFs and save for future reference, so it’s easy to keep track of how much electricity you have used year on year.
How To Check Electricity Bills and Payments Online
If you want to check your electricity bill due and any previous payments, it is an extremely easy process. It must be note that the process is quite similar across all electricity board websites.
- Visit the relevant electricity board’s official website and go Bill Payment section
- If this is the first time you are trying to view your online account, you will need to register.
- Click on Register Here and proceed to the new page
- You will be asked to fill in your Full Name as registered while taking the connection and the Consumer Number assign to you. You will also need to create your User ID and a password. Upon filling in all the relevant fields, click on Register.
- Now you can use that User ID and password whenever you intend to do an online bill checking.
- Proceed to the Login Page, fill in the details and click on the Submit/Login button.
- Your account’s dashboard will open up, showing you the Name, Address, Consumer Number as well current outstanding bill, if any.
- There will also be various tabs such as Previous Bills, Transaction History, Metre Readings, etc
- You can select Previous Bills to select the period for which you want to view or pay your electricity bill.
- Once you select the period and click proceed. You will see details such as present reading, previous reading, bill amount, and payment date.
- For current bills, you will also see the Pay Now option.
- If you wish to pay a light bill, click on Pay Now and select the payment option.
- You can choose from net banking, UPI, credit cards or debit cards as the payment mode.
- Fill in all the relevant details and click on proceed
- You will then need to authenticate the transaction to complete it, and that will end the process.
This same process can easily be done through major payment partners who provide payment options for multiple service providers such as electricity, gas, mobile, DTH, etc. Along with several payment modes, you will also benefit from getting rewards like cash back or discounts, while using these payment platforms.
It is crucial to keep track of electricity payments, past and present. One can get an insight into the trends of your bill, monthly usage as well as any variations. The process for online bill checking is super easy and can be done by anyone and everyone. And if you set out to pay the light bill but notice a drastic fluctuation in the current total amount versus the previous bill amount, make sure you contact the relevant electricity board office and raise a complaint if need be.
Leave a Reply