The business certificate in Dubai is the most important document to establish a company. As an entrepreneur – in order to obtain a trade license, you must comply with the standards set by the Ministry of Economic Development.
You may need to obtain permission from various government agencies such as corporate pro services Dubai,depending on the type of business you want to set up. Getting a business license in Dubai requires you to understand the different types of licenses available and decide on the right one!
So, if you want to get a business license but are not sure how to go about it, here is a complete guide to business licenses in Dubai.
Why do you need a business license in Dubai?
The Dubai Commercial Register verifies the company and considers it a legal entity in the UAE. Business Certificates ensure that your company operates in accordance with the UAE Companies Law. With a business license, you can do business by the regulations issued by state administration authorities.
The best pro visa services in Dubai also establish responsibility for your company’s business activities. Furthermore, it segregates and secures the interests of the shareholder within the company and guards the overall business dealings.
How to get a business license in Dubai?
The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the government body charged with monitoring and issuing business licenses in Dubai. DED only grants licenses to land-based companies, also called onshore businesses. On the other hand, free zone companies are licensed by the respective free zone authorities. Each free zone has its procedures that you, as an entrepreneur, must follow to obtain a trade license. However, to get a DEDLicense in Dubai, here are some of the steps you will need to follow:
- Choose the business name of the company.
- Decide on the legal structure of the company.
- Choose the place of business or jurisdiction according to your preferences.
- Rent an office and get the lease agreement confirmed by Ejari.
- Complete the business activities that will be added to the trade license (you can only add 10 related business activities to one trade license).
- Fill out and submit an application to get your first approval.
- Obtain external approval depending on the business activity.
- Draft Memorandum of Association (MOA).
- Collect all certificates from relevant government authorities.
- Collect the documents along with the application and send them to DED.
How long does it take to get a business license in Dubai?
The time required to obtain a trade license varies. It generally takes three days to several weeks, depending on the business activity and the added approval process. However, you can get a business license within three days with the right service providers and all the required documents. In addition, DED also has instant business permits in Dubai for businessmen who want to set up a company immediately. An instant license allows entrepreneurs to run their business for up to one year without any documentation or even renting office space.
What is the validity of a business license in Dubai?
A business license issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED) remains valid for one year and must be renewed annually thereafter. The recovery process is simple and can be done by the business setup service provider.
Here’s how to renew your business license in Dubai:
- Enter the application form for the renewal of the trade license.
- Present the rental agreement with verified EJARI (valid for over three months).
- Check any added certifications or approvals from government bodies (depending on the type of business).
- Attach photos of all business partners.
- Make the payment using the transaction number listed in the DED.
- Your business license has been renewed!
What are the types of business trade licenses in Dubai?
- Commercial License for General Trading Companies
- Professional License for Service-Related Businesses
- Industrial License for Manufacturing & Productions
- Tourism license for travel and travel businesses
Documents required for the issuance of General Trading license:
- Application with the signature of the manager of the business.
- Proof of business name approved by the DED (Attested).
- Partner’s passport (copy)
So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and start a new journey in the Dubai business world. All the best wishes and good luck in your future endeavors.