Do you want to always be aware of “what time is it now”, while receiving notifications of calls and SMS without taking your phone out of your pocket, monitor your health, and surprise others with an unusual dial? Then choose a good smartwatch. But choosing a smartwatch is an easy task if you know what you are looking for.
How To Choose The Best Smartwatches?
Here is what you should look for in a smartwatch:
In premium models like Apple and Samsung, you can find OLED displays. But with more affordable options from companies like Realme, Oppo, and Xiaomi, you’ll see LCD screens more often. Many mid-range smartwatches have an AMOLED display, and this is a better value choice than an LCD screen. While LCDs may have shorter battery life compared to OLED or AMOLED, they are energy efficient and provide better readability both indoors and outdoors. Display if not good can be very teasing.
If you have an iPhone running iOS, you can choose any smartwatch, but the best compatibility is with the Apple Watch series. And if you have an Android smartphone, then in the top smartwatch of 2022, choose any smartwatch other than the Apple Watch, since they are not compatible with Android. Considering the OS selection, it is playing a vital role. Companies with a line of smartwatches and experience in this segment have a history of OS updates and have improved quality as well. Sports-based smartwatches and other features based watches have different OS scales. So, while choosing read more about the operating system and then make a wise choice.
This is the main reason why people turn to smartwatches. These little gadgets can track your steps, calories, and workout activity, and most modern wearables have a heart rate sensor. One of the best in this regard is Huawei watch GT 3 pro, which is popular among divers. Some more features of smartwatches include:
- Many smartwatch manufacturers also build GPS into their devices, which is very useful for tracking outdoor runs or evening walks.
- If you are into water sports, look for a smartwatch with an IP67 or 68 ratings.
- Some smartwatches are more focused on the active lifestyle and offer advanced fitness features like tracking heart rate fluctuations, automatic exercise detection, and more.
- Expensive smartwatches from Apple and other manufacturers can measure blood oxygen levels and also do an ECG.
The minimum for smartwatches is 2 days of battery life. Watches powered by the Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor support extended battery life, which allows them to last up to five days on a single charge. Other devices with fewer features may last 5 to 7 days.
Many smartwatches support fast charging. For example, Apple promises that the new Apple Watch Series 7 can charge from 0 to 80% in just 45 minutes, which is 33% faster than the Series 6 watch. New ones from OnePlus are even faster, they can charge from 0 to 43% in just 10 minutes of charging. The battery is a very important and key factor when choosing a smartwatch. If you have to charge it on a daily basis, maybe it’s not worth it for anyone. So, with maximum feature usage at least it should be 4-5 days.
The smartwatch offers notifications of calls, SMS, and messages on social networks. And advanced models can send short pre-set responses from your wrist in case of text alerts. Other premium smartwatches like Apple and Samsung give you the ability to call or answer anyone you want even when your phone is off.
Nowadays as we all know carrying a phone all the time is also not easy. So, having a feature of communication in your smartwatch is always an added edge. In the future, we will see this feature in mid-range watches too and much more efficient in watches overall.
Here are some watch materials to choose from:
- Silicone and nylon are the most common materials for inexpensive smartwatches. They do not rub the skin when worn for a long time, but they look rustic.
- The steel belt looks expensive-rich, but the price of such a model is higher than that of the option with a silicone belt.
- Finally, premium options are ceramics. They look stylish, light, hypoallergenic, and pleasant to the touch.
Leave a Reply