Choosing a career path is arduous and requires carefully assessing your interests, abilities, potential and financial needs. Finding a good fit for a promising career generally takes time and self-reflection. Subsequently, adequate knowledge and the right skills are imperative to gain an edge over others in today’s competitive landscape. If you are also facing difficulties in preparing for a bachelor’s degree, pursuing an Associate of Arts (AA) will give you the skills and knowledge to help you achieve your goals.
Associate of Arts (AA) is an undergraduate degree that usually takes two years to complete. The degree provides liberal arts education in mathematics, literature, history, psychology, and life sciences. The program is often considered a stepping stone to a bachelor’s degree program. Many Associate of Arts programs has articulation agreements with educational institutions that allow you to transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree.
A two-year, 60-credit Associate of Arts course is equivalent to the first two years of a four-year bachelor’s degree in the field. Pursuing an AA degree develops the ability to work collaboratively, improves oral and written communication, prepares you to enter into a four-year bachelor’s degree program and allows you to land entry-level positions. This degree enables you to transfer to research or educational institutions to complete a bachelor’s degree. Many top-ranked universities in Canada accept Associate of Arts degrees for transfer into bachelor’s degree programs.
What are the benefits of studying Associate of Arts?
The following are the most compelling reasons to opt for an Associate of Arts degree program:
- Familiarizes with various subjects like mathematics, arts, humanities and social sciences
- Develops critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Provides a solid foundation to study in a bachelor’s degree program
- Enhances cultural awareness and understanding
- Improves career trajectory and increases job opportunities and earning potential
- Offers the opportunity to transfer credits to a four-year university, potentially reducing the time and cost of obtaining a bachelor’s degree
- Provides the opportunity to explore various areas of interest before committing to a specific major
- Improves knowledge and understanding of diverse cultures, historical perspectives, and ethical issues
- Offers exposure to different teaching styles, research methods, and academic disciplines, preparing students for the rigors of a bachelor’s degree program
Entry requirements for an Associate of Arts course in Canada
To be eligible to pursue an Associate of Arts program in a top Canadian university, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent with an overall average of C or better
- English proficiency
- 21 years of age or older
We encourage you to check the specific entry requirements for each university you are interested in to ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria.
Moreover, earning an Associate of Arts degree in Canada provides a solid foundation for further education and career development. It also offers opportunities for cultural immersion and personal growth. Check out the top Canadian universities to enroll for the course now!